For Washington state residents who do not have private insurance, the first step towards getting assistance with substance abuse or mental health is to apply for state medical insurance. 


Apply for Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) at

When you’re ready to apply, you’ll need the following:

  • Your household monthly income.
  • The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
  • Your immigration information, if that applies to you.

If you need assistance, please call WithinReach at 1-800-322-2588.


Once you have acquired state insurance, your next step is enrolling in a substance abuse program.
The following information is for Snohomish County residents who have or will have enrolled in Apple Health (state insurance). 


At this time, there is only one detox in Snohomish County for those who have Apple Health (state insurance).
The following information is for Evergreen Manor, directly quoted from Evergreen Manor's website:

To inquire about bed availability, please call (425) 258-3255 at 8am, 1pm, or 7pm.

  • We may be unable to provide immediate admission due to high demand for the limited number of beds but, in that case, we will discuss options.
  • If a bed is immediately available, a nurse will complete a prescreening assessment with you and arrange an admission time. The nurse will also advise you of items you may bring to detox and what items will not be allowed. If no beds are immediately available, the staff will advise you of the next steps to take.
  • To enhance patient care, we stagger admissions throughout the day but will not hold a bed if you do not show at your scheduled time.
  • Length of stay is typically 5 to 6 days, so plan accordingly. If you have a treatment admission date, let us know so we can coordinate your detox admission with the admission date for treatment.


At this time, there are no residential treatment facilities for substance abuse in Snohomish County. Statewide, of April 1st, 2016, a referral is required from the county's behavioral health organization (BHO) in order to qualify for treatment outside of the county. Snohomish County's BHO is North Sound Behavioral Health. The following agencies are contracted through North Sound for Snohomish County. These are the agencies that can provide referrals to treatment. The fastest way to get into treatment, is to be persistent and diligent about calling one of the following agencies to make an appointment for an evaluation:

Catholic Community Services
(425) 257-2111

Center for Human Services
(206) 362-7282

Compass Health
(425) 349-6800

Evergreen Recovery Services/Evergreen Manor
(425) 258-2407

Sea Mar

Sunrise Recovery Services
(425) 353-7521

Therapeutic Health Services
(425) 347-5121

For the full list of contracted agencies in Snohomish County, please click here.
For the full list of contracted agencies in King County, please click here.
For the full list of contracted agencies in Island County, please click here.
For the full list of contracted agencies in Whatcom County, please click here.
For the full list of contracted agencies in WA State, please click here.


Please click here